View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #464
vgradio

Drives: ZL1 convertible 2013 Silver Ice
I really like what you guys have done here. I have the idea to do something similar, but in multi color mode, using RGB leds.

To those who have done the led swap, I would be very pleased if you could tell me about the feasibility to do so.

I intend to remove the factory ice blue leds, and to install RGB led instead. I can obviously not use the PCB to sold the new led, and i think to run the 4 cables required, to a central RGB controller.

I would glue the new leds near to the position of the factory led. I did not find small RGB led, only the standard 5mm led shape. I guess i do not need as many 5mm led as the small factory one, I think of one for two. I could maybe use RGB SMD led from led strip, where space is restricted.

I would like to put these RGB led all around, in the door, the central console, the dash with light pipes, switches, gauge, DIC, steering wheel...

In order to simplify the cabling, I'd use one controller per door, and maybe 2 for the dash/console. These are very compact bluetooth type (lightbox from Blebox), controlled by smartphone. Great product by the way.

What do you think about my ideas?
Does it look feasible?
Any advise to make it a success?

Thanks for your reply.
vgradio is offline   Reply With Quote