View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #77
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
The AFM issue with the L99, the skip shift with the LS3. Both of those have fixes. I had my car tuned and had AFM turned off in the tune. I also had the shifts tightened up a bit. It's fun fun fun to drive it.

I love my L99. It's the right car with the right transmission for me. I don't like to "row" as my Dad would have said. I am secure enough in myself not to care what other people think I should have.

Similarly, I think if someone prefers the V6 over the V8, that is their choice as well and that is what they should get.

It's your car. Get what YOU like to drive. Don't let someone else who has an inferiority complex tell you otherwise. Enjoy YOUR Camaros, everyone!

(PS: Yes, I can and have driven a stick. You don't have to be a rocket scientist or a stud to do so. It just takes some practice.)
Not trying to thread jack, but....

If I were still in college, I would take whatever you're teaching just because... I've read a number of your posts and you seem to be one well put together person...

I am married to a collegiate director of athletics, and you two say and sound very much alike... (she doesn't take any crap either)

I'll bet you have a great class, whatever it is... and I giggle thinking about the guys in the class that act so macho, and then see you driving off in a car they would love to have...

Enjoy that ride... Drive it like you stole it...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote