View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #69
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWRX View Post
Yes, no kidding, that's the nature of the high revving mill in the 'stang. Looking at an '11 Mustang against an '11 Camaro, it appears the Camaro is only faster than the stang up until 30 mph. There's a half second difference at 60 mph, and that holds up to the quarter too. The rolling tests all show a significant advantage to he stang as well. Somehow, I doubt that 18 hp is going to decidedly change that with the '12.

I'm with Deki, I still have a really hard time believing that your bolt on v6 is destroying Mustangs when it's barely running what a stock V6 Mustang does. Does not compute.

i'm not the one claiming my "bolt on v6" is destroying mustangs....keep that in mind.

the 2012 camaro may "only" have 19 more HP than the 2010-2011, but the power kicks in sooner. if you were to look at the dyno graphs for the 2011 and then the 2012 camaro, you would see that the LFX engine hits the higher HP and torque numbers sooner than the LLT engine does.

i would even go as far as saying that i believe the 2012 camaro would beat the 2011-2012 mustang in the quarter mile and also the 1/4mile. going by both personal experience and the numbers and graphs i've seen, i would be pretty confident that i would beat an equally skilled driver in a 2011-2012 mustang in any sort of drag race. you also have to consider that the aluminum intake on the 2010-2011 camaro restricts the power quite a bit, due to it heating up the air that passes through it. people who own the 2010-2011 camaros have reported very noticeable increases in power after adding an isolator, which solves the hot intake issue.
on a side note, the 2011-2012 mustang has a composite intake as well, so during the Car and Driver showdown, the mustang did not suffer from hot intake like the camaro did.

what i would really like to see is Car and Driver doing another showdown between the mustang, camaro and challenger. the mustang and challenger have not had any performance changes since then and the camaro is running an entirely different engine with more HP, better powerband, and composite intake. i would be willing to bet good money that the camaro would come out on top of the 0-60 this time.

i also want to stress that i'm not trying to say the LFX engine camaro is better than the LLT. there are still things that are better about the LLT, such as up-gradable headers.
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote