View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
RonC

Drives: 2010 2SS - RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Yea, it is definitely louder than the car when inside.

They must have just been listening to it, because they gave it back to me after a couple hours so I doubt they went into the compressor at all.

I am sure this is a one off problem, havent heard of anyone else with a 5th gen having this issue
I also had a noisy A/C compressor on my 2010 L99 that was replaced 3 weeks ago. They got it in and it was 2 weeks or so before I took it in to get the work done. They said they were glad I came in because they had more than 50 calls from other dealers wanting that compressor as they were in short supply. The service mgr said he had 5 calls just the day before. It seems there is a problem of some sort.

I watched as they changed it and the instructions say to measure the oil drained out of the compressor and add that amount back to the system. NO oil would come out. New compressors come with 2.5 oz of oil and he added oil to bring back to specs.

Instructions say to cut the belt to remove it, but we didn't. List price of a new belt is $298 and they got one. It comes with a belt install tool that would not work so we reused the old belt. It still has a slight noise but not near as bad as the original. They listed the problem as insufficient oil in the compressor on the warranty form. I was happy with the way the dealer handled the problem.
RonC is offline   Reply With Quote