View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #676
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
Thank you for your information. I can tell that you have said that many times to those who did not know and thusly may have developed a slight tone to the answer. I am appreciative of the time it took you to type that out, but would have appreciated the courtesy of recognizing my post count and my possible ignorance of the situation as it concerns the Gen5 camaro. I was able to surmise the crux of the issue and develop my own conclusions through my use of search (the old post this is).

Even tho the purpose of the resurrection was to answer the tongue-in-cheek question regarding people still buying early build '10 models.

I did inquire about the removal of said weights by the powdercoater which was not directly answered but more inferred that if I was so inclined, feel free. I got that and figured I may just to help HIM out since he wouldn't send me any god-awful thing like that setup back to me.

I don't think I mentioned brake dust, but once again I would assume your answer is ingrained and would assume that I as a "noob" would make this a priority worthy of response. While it is an annoyance, weekly baths pretty much take care of that as it has with my Brembos on the SRT8, the Baer kit on my old TBSS, as well as my Porsche kit installed on the 96 Impala SS.

None of those installs or kits have resorted to installing weights, either they being stickon or in the form of a "roller skate".

Once again, thank you.

PS, it's a pony-car. My 1967 GTO conv. is a muscle car...and it runs on 4-wheel drums.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote