View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #677
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
Thank you for your information. I can tell that you have said that many times to those who did not know and thusly may have developed a slight tone to the answer. I am appreciative of the time it took you to type that out, but would have appreciated the courtesy of recognizing my post count and my possible ignorance of the situation as it concerns the Gen5 camaro. I was able to surmise the crux of the issue and develop my own conclusions through my use of search (the old post this is).

Even tho the purpose of the resurrection was to answer the tongue-in-cheek question regarding people still buying early build '10 models.

I did inquire about the removal of said weights by the powdercoater which was not directly answered but more inferred that if I was so inclined, feel free. I got that and figured I may just to help HIM out since he wouldn't send me any god-awful thing like that setup back to me.

I don't think I mentioned brake dust, but once again I would assume your answer is ingrained and would assume that I as a "noob" would make this a priority worthy of response. While it is an annoyance, weekly baths pretty much take care of that as it has with my Brembos on the SRT8, my old TBSS retrofit, as well as my Porsche kit installed on the 96 Impala SS.

None of those installs or kits have resorted to installing weights, either they being stickon or in the form of a "roller skate".

Once again, thank you.

PS, it's a pony-car. My 1967 GTO conv. is a muscle car...and it runs on 4-wheel drums.
I am weary of this discussion, but in no way did I intend to aim my frustrations with complaints about brake dust and pad squeal at you personally.

The permanent fix for the Camaro is to redesign the caliper casting to include more mass in the body eliminating the need for stick on weight and skates.

The 1967 GTO is my favorite. At the GTOAAs we sponsored the autocross a number of years ago. A 67 owner absolutely ragged his pristine 67 on course all day long. He popped the badge behind the left front wheel off on one turn and even that didn't diminish his permagrin.

Welcome to C5. It is a great community. I hope you can make Camaro5FEST in Houston, Texas in May.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote