View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #75
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
lol, cool, how many passes did you make...

And we will sneak up on a fast pass... Several shake down passes to make sure it's all good to go.... trying to change the rotation of the earth on the first pass is a good way to make the car rotate in an unusual manner... butthole over teakettle... not for me....

I know that there are often several people that usually hang around to Sunday afternoon and hot lap their cars... A couple years ago a guy made 24 or 25 passes....
I made 9 passes on Friday and Saturday. I stayed until they kicked me out on Sunday but not one pass was made because of the intermittant rain. They actually had a car on the line at one time and just before they turned him loose we got another downpour so sunday was a total loss. And we had a 15 mph tail wind all day Sunday... It would have been beautiful......

Actually, this is not jacking the thread. It is possible to go over 200 with a blower and nitrous but not many do it.....very tough. It was clear to me that if you are going to be a land speed record holding car you have got to have some turbos. One of the reasons I started this compound boost thread is because....I'm thinking I would like to push it a little over 200 on the mile and as close as I was I realized I would never hit 210 with the current set-up unless a hurricane force wind came up behind me.....

But then again, Josh is a little off topic...lol.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote