View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #4051
Thirsty

Drives: Inferno Orange SS
Well today was the day. I picked up the new 2013. We left the 2012 at the dealership with just over 3800 miles on it. The 2013 cost me $37.00, $25.00 for title transfer and an extra $17.00 for the state. They do like their license money in Iowa.

While it did take a while, from my perspective, Billion Automotive went above and beyond to make everything right on this deal. I’ll go back to them for my next new car. There are other dealerships that would have found a way out of this somewhere along the line.

A couple of observations on the short ride home about the new car. The convertible top folds down differently. It is wrapped around the frame much tighter when down. It doesn’t flap around in the wind when down like the 2012, very nice improvement. The rear view mirror can be adjusted to see out the back window, excellent improvement. The Chevy My Link is very nice and easy to configure, excellent improvement. Having the rear camera on the Chevy My Link provides a bigger picture that is bright enough to clearly see with the top down, excellent improvement.

The 2013 is an automatic and the 2012 was a manual. The 2012 provided much more sound and the manual was fun to drive at times. The automatic is too quiet for me. I have an aftermarket exhaust in my future. I’m looking at a Borla cat back sport model. According to Borla the ATAK provides greater than 95 decibels (legal limit) and I want to be able to talk with the top down and/or listen to the radio. Feedback or opinions are welcome on this. I’ve made no decision and I’m still shopping around.

Without the feedback from the exhaust, the tap controls on the automatic are not as much fun. I’m thinking the sport mode with aftermarket exhaust will be more fun.

I would include pictures but everyone already knows what it looks like. Look at the pictures of the 2012. The two cars look the same. This is just what I wanted.

All for now, see some of you this weekend in Swisher unless my plans change for some reason.
Foose Speed Black Wheels
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust
Thirsty is offline   Reply With Quote