View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #246
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Mustang GT View Post
Yeah but would you ZL1 guys want 50 treadwear rated tires? That will add quite a bit of cost to the monthly payment to cover for those expensive tires. We should be glad GM actually made the car...granted its not going to be affordable to many.
But there is no way the Z28 is going to outrun the Z06...same engine except the Vette has 600 less pounds to carry. And that little aero kit is not going to make that much of a difference to put the Z28 ahead of the Z06
True, I would not want Trofeos as my daily tire. There are better tires available than the slippery goodyears we got. I do not want the Zl1 to come with track tires, I only want it acknoledged that Trofeo tires make a difference - be it 1 second or 5. But some peoples brains are .
I thnk all are glad GM is making this car, including me. I also think it will be an awesome race circuit car - the perfect camaro for race teams or privateers. I agree too, that the new Z28 will, without any doubt or reservation, be annihilated by a Z06 - but they are not even in the same class, so no biggie.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote