View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #43
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I can't believe you guys are trying to race out there right now with this heat. I tried it once this summer and it was not good. It was a pro street night and very crowded. Had to waint in the stagging lanes for 15-20min in 100* heat. Needless to say my car did not like it. I also couldn't get better than a 1.9 60ft which was pretty bad. I only got 4 runs in because they closed the track due to a spill. I don't think that track is a very good one. There is also really no way to get around the water box when I went. I try to avoid the water box and then back up into it. If you go through the water box your just tracking water up to the starting line and then your rear tires have to drive through it. Most good tracks that I see have a wide clear path around the water box. This is probably why your wife is having so much trouble. Even on stock tires her 2.73 geared car should have no problem hooking up and getting a 2.0 60ft. She needs to do a very slight burn out to just get the water off the tires. I bet she is having trouble becuase her tires are still wet.