View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #41
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wanted to post something that I consider pretty special. Last year my Grandmother passed away. She was a very kind lady. Over the years I would spend more and more time with her. She would tell me stories and we would hangout. I used to pick up her pills and groceries and bring them to her periodically. Saturdays (my day off) I would go up and visit. Gram didn't really go out to often so she wasnt really in tune with the modern era of cars. When I first brought my new Camaro up to show Gram she had a huge smile on her face. She walked around the car with her hand over her mouth most of the time "ewwwing and awwweeing". She looked at it like it was a spaceship. She really loved it. When I took her on our first ride in the new car together she wanted me to show her how quick it was, and i hit the gas and her head went right back into the headrest. During my first car show season I would tell her the results and show her the trophies. They are some of the most treasured memories and conversations I have ever had. Gram had a rough life really. She was pregnant with her first child in the 8th grade and had 5 kids total. Her and my Grandpa never really had much money. My grandpa died in 2010 and it really weighed heavy on my Grandma because he had been sick for so long and they had been married for over 50 years. For Christmas 2010, I bought her a gold heart shaped necklace that was engraved with Grandpa and her standing together. I told Gram that if anything were to ever happen to her I was going to want that necklace back. She said she would make sure it was in a place I would be able to find it. I never really thought it would be just 2 years before I got it back. Gram died of either a stroke or a heart attack in her sleep. Next to her bed where they found her was a box my father made for her for her birthday many years ago. In the box was the necklace. I got the necklace back and everyday when I get into my car I look at it hanging from my mirror and think about her. The story doesn't have much to do with the car except for sharing with you the modification that I have that means more to me than anything else.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote