View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:26 PM   #4
mkmgraham

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
I have basically same trouble trying to program new keys and FOB's but it was on them used Camaro I bought. After 6 hrs if losing their minds they called tech support that told them they needed to make a master key without a chip in it 1st then use that to program everything else. It worked. Sorry but I can't remember all the details. You could call around and see what other dealer service depts could do for you.

I know in my case they were getting very nervous because I was about to walk away from the deal when they finally got it figured out. Truly scary the dealers don't know their own cars security systems. You should probably call GM to see if they can help. If the car worked before they messed with it they messed up the reprogramming of the car.

On mine they tried over and over and over for hrs on end. Simple call made the master key with no chip then used that to program the new keys and FOB's as I remember it.
Thanks! That is very helpful. I will pass that along. I hope they haven't destroyed the BCM. At least one guy there said if they did, they would fix it at no cost to me.
2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
mkmgraham is offline   Reply With Quote