View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
the ecm probly has not done the catalyst monitoring test yet, its not how many starts you do, it is the obd2 driving cycle, you probly have not met the ecm requirements for the catalyst test to complete
Well, as nicely as I can put it, I hope you are wrong...

The guy I spoke with seemed to know what he was talking about (not that I'm saying you don't). It sounded odd...50 starts and all...but, he was chalk full of info and like I said, I'm WELL over 50 starts and it's been several weeks. My light came on right away (5 days) from owning it. Then again, Stainless had it for a while too. So, more than that. And, you have to add in teh starting and driving while at Toms. So, I held off before I said anything. Worst case scenario, I live with it or reset it once per month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post
IMO and from experience its more than likely gunna come back on. if not, more power to ya

but dont worry too much, very simple to "tune out" the catylist efficency codes if it does come back
When I get the tune, it'll happen. Until then, the warranty is worth a LOT more than a simple light.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote