View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
KINGRENZ

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
I happened to see a thread today where a gentleman was looking for "sponsorships", and I posted a comment with some pointers for him. I then noticed that there were a half dozen other posts like his in this section, people wanting "sponsorships" for their Camaro, with no idea how to go about getting them, or simply going about it all wrong. If you are serious about getting "Sponsors" on board with you and your car, and contributing free or discounted parts to the build, here are some pointers.

1. Be honest with yourself and your sponsors. Are you just looking for some discounted or free parts, or are you actually trying to make your car a testament to the parts that it is equipped with, proving their success with results from shows, publications, races, or track results. Simply attending some local car shows and being an enthusiast of your vehicle does not really fit you into an actual sponsorship.

2. Give details, lots of them. When you are asking for sponsorship, you need to be specific about the vehicle, its current state, plans for its sponsored state, and exactly how, when, and what the car will be used for. As a product manufacturer, I want to know what shows and/or events are you committing to, what publications will the car be featured in, who else is on board so far, what sets your vehicle apart, etc. The more details the better, this shows companies that you have a plan to promote them in a organized and well thought strategy, and are not just looking for a free part and throwing a sticker on your car for a few local shows. You should outline exactly what the sponsor is receiving in return for them giving you whatever it is that they are sponsoring you with. Details, details, details.

3. Photos. If you have photos of your car, or digitally rendered images of what the car is going to look like when done, provide them when asking for sponsorship. Don't use cell phone shots, and ensure the car is looking it's best.

4. Professionalism. When a company sponsors a vehicle, that vehicle and the owner/driver has become an extension of the companies that it is promoting. Companies have spent a lot of time and money building their brand, the more professional your approach and representation, the more likely the sponsor will want to work with you.

5. Be direct. Don't just post up on a forum board or Facebook Page "Looking for Sponsors". All that does is scream "Looking for free parts". Instead, contact specific companies that you want to work with directly, present to them you and your vehicle, the plan, your goals, what you are bringing to the table, and why sponsoring your vehicle is a win-win for both parties.

6. Sell yourself, not just the car. Ultimately, we are working with you the owner, you are the one we will be speaking with and dealing with. Think of it like a job application/interview, and highlight your experience, skills, and ability to be an extension of the sponsors company and product.

The main thing to remember is that companies who are sponsoring you are spending money to do so, so make sure that you are showing them where those advertising dollars are going. Most companies get sponsorship requests on a weekly basis, so separate yourself from the pack and stand out by approaching this in a professional and organized manner. I hope that helps.
GREAT POST. Awesome read. Exactly what I was looking for
NOW IF I CAN GET YOU/CAI TO SPONSOR ME AND MY CAMARO SS.?
Harvey Dent- Dark Night Feeling
KINGRENZ is offline   Reply With Quote