View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
I wonder how soon before Feb. 16th that they will start pulling our orders from dealers. Is that what they mean by Janurary 2009 being the tentative "Consensus Period" ? Think they will just pull "xx" amount from dealers each week til they are all completed? It sure would be nice to know how they go about deciding which dealers get their orders pulled first if that's the case. Ordering from a small dealer that was only allocated 1 initially and my geographical location compared to where they are being built has me nervous about getting it before summer.
From a Corvette blog: "For those who don't know what Consensus is, it is the report that Chevy sends to their dealers showing their estimated shipments of vehicles they can order for the following month's production period.

So what does that mean? Basically it means that dealers know now how many [cars] they have been initially allocated by GM."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Yeah I'm thinking I'll either get it kinda early or really late, lol. I don't wanna be the guy that's had one on order for a year and everyone else has theirs or has even bought one off the lot by then, haha
I highly doubt that will be the case.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote