View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
Ok, so the only thing I'm torn about right now are the "Performance Options". I'd like to add some of these but are they worth the cost?

I think most people will say go for aftermarket as it will be cheaper. I guess I'd really like to know what each performance option is adding.

So to me it looks like there are 3 main performance options. Catback Exhaust, Performance Air Intake, and Shorty Headers.

Could someone breakdown the benefits to each? And tell me if it's worth the cost?

Catback MSRP: $850

Air Intake MSRP: $450

Shorty Headers MSRP: $1000

Any help is appreciated!!

Catback MSRP: $850
Basically for Sound - I'm going aftermarket for the sound I want. You may gain a few HP here but will be comparable to other aftermarket catbacks as well.

Air Intake MSRP: $450
You will gain a few HP as well here. Maybe 10? I'll be going K&N FIPK if/when they come out with it.

Shorty Headers MSRP: $1000
You will see maybe 10 - 15 hp here with these .. combined with a good high flow cat xpipe and new catback you will see more gains with these. $1000 is steep but I believe dealer installed will not void warrenty .. Long Tubes are not emmissions legal in most sates and unless you are putting out insane power, you won't need them. (IE Factory Ford manifolds supported 509rwhp / 520rwtq just fine and would support higher as well.)

Crowley