View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #22
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Being a chevy man, as much as it pains me to say...this is one thing Ford has done well in the past. You can get any small detail such as...HID, rim/tires or spoilers for example...without having to purchase a WHOLE package. I am rather disappointed that I have to get an SS/RS to get my 400 hp and halos/rim package. I am rarely someone who gripes and moans, in fact I never have on this forum.....this is a drop dead gorgeous car, and every bit worth the mid 30ks for a V8....but there are some things after talking to dealers today that are very disappointing in my eyes...

1) the HUD is not available until 12/2009. This one makes absolutely ZERO sense to me...this is not new technology.

2) Assuming you want a V8, you now have to upgrade to the RS to get the halo/spoiler/tail lamp and rim package....so slapping the red SS badge will tact on additional funds on top of the base 29-30k?....this all before taxes and additional costs...or a sunroof

3) The ambient lighting is apparently offered on the LEATHER package only. NOT EVERYONE wants leather, especially not in Florida during the summer time...with my summer specific tires. I understand the lighting probably blends well with the leather...ok, but let me decide if I want to take that chance instead of burning my a-- on leather in 105 degree Florida Sun, and having to pay the additional costs for leather..It just sounds to me that with all these packages I will now I have to dish out 35+ for only a few small features?

Now don't get me wrong, I assumed you would pay a tad extra for a cool feature or two...but now I am buying an EXTERIOR and INTERIOR upgrade for features that really arent all that much to ask? We are shown this ignition video, and now I come to find THAT interior, spoiler, lights will only be available if you purchase an upgrade and leather? oh and some of the options arent available until December of 2009?!

With that said, I apologize for my rant. As a whole...this IS a beautiful car...I think you guys did a FANTASTIC JOB. However, this is my dream car, I would like small toys like halos/HID/HUD, and I really dont wish to wait another 16 months to get a some small feature that is already been in circulation for quite some time.

If I misinterpreted what I was told and read through these dealerships then I sincerely apologize.
actually the amabient lighting comes standard with LT and up. so If your getting the V8 or even jst the LT you get the ambient lighting.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote