View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #13
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Not bad hp, but man does the hp drop like an anchor after peak power. Did you happen to weigh it? What's it supposed to weigh.. 3,500-lbs? I would imagine a high 13 sec/ low 14 sec 1/4 mi run bone stock. This car could be the sleeper of the year if you get the rwhp closer to 300 and add some suspension pieces.
We did not weigh the car personally, but the curb weight is supposedly right in the neighborhood of 3,300 pounds. The gross vehicle weight rating (maximum safe operating weight including passengers, cargo, fluids, etc.) is 4,188 pounds. It's a pretty light car and I imagine we will see some pretty good numbers on the butt dyno once we've had our way with it. Very much looking forward to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I don't think 300rwhp will be a long wait with the I4. You can probably already get that with what's on the market right now for less then $3k which is a lot less then what you need to spend to get the V6 to 300RWHP 5thGenwise although the new 6th Gens could surprise us if the aftermarket bug doesn't strike again and come much to late to the party.
Yea, I think there is potential for a really favorable $/performance ratio with tuning and modifying this car. Definitely more so than the V6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
That power curve looks similar to the one on my old LNF cobalt. Try as I might to open up the top end, but it couldn't be done on stock turbo, so I oped for the K04R 48mm impeller swap, and it really opened up the top end. My question to you guys is will you offer a cooling kit much like the GM one for the non RS owners? Your cooling kits on my FRS were awesome BTW. You guys are the first to hit the ground running with the 2.0T with ZZ Performance at a distant second, but they only cater to the ATS crowd.
Thanks for the comments though and glad our cooling kit worked so well for you on the Toyobaru!

Regarding the cooling kit, it's possible, but hard to say at this time! We're still early on with this car, but there will be some pretty cool stuff in the works shortly. Definitely a really cool idea though - thanks for mentioning it and - this goes for everyone - please don't hesitate to chime in with any more ideas or thoughts on what you want out of this car! My ears are open.

Thanks,
-Gardiner
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote