View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #19
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
I figured at this point, nothing would would be 100% match. I am hoping because they are separate pieces at different angles, it won't be terribly noticeable. Luckily, while older, the car only has 21k on it, and I believe that it was mainly stored inside out of the sun (has for sure been the last year that I have owned it). So it shouldn't have had horrible fading.

I'm just looking for some good brands so I don't have to worry about issues with it down the road. I am looking to get a heritage grille too, and at least it's paint would match the ground effects if I do it all at once.
You might have a side cast issue. That's when the paint shade looks a little different from certain angles. This is more noticeable on metallic colors like your car. If you had a solid color, it would be much easier.

Do realize there can be up to 7-8 variations of a particular color. Just because you know the color code, doesn't mean it's going to "match".

It seems like you still want the easy way out. So, I guess your parts won't be a perfect match. That's okay though. Someone like me will be able to tell, but maybe you won't. Good luck!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote