View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #20
junkman

Drives: 14ss
I'm pretty picky on paint matching. It drives me crazy when you see a car going down the road and you can see halfway down the door where they blended it. I've painted several cars, but like your dad they've been complete paint jobs so wasn't trying to match. I bought my car needing a hood and bumper from a deer. It's ashen gray and I was pretty terrified the paint wasn't going to match. I used dupont chromabase, or cromax I guess its called now. It matched perfect. I had a buddy that works at a body shop guide me with blending the tops of the fenders and front edge just to be on the safe side, but it really turned out great. I had practiced on the old hood just spraying a corner and I couldn't believe how well it matched. I have painted whole cars with nason before and they turned out good, but the paint supply said if was trying to match use the cromax, he showed me the nason had maybe 5or6 pigments, and the cromax had 9or10. I don't really think the flex agent is required anymore with paints, I havn't used them on anything I've done, and buddy said they don't at the shop either.
junkman is offline   Reply With Quote