View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
As reported by Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/14/f...me-with-camar/

"So much for the rumors that the Ford Mustang GT500 will turn twin-turbo. According to reports buzzing around the web, the meanest snake of all will hold onto its supercharger for the foreseeable future. Even so, that blower will supposedly ensure that Ford will have a beast capable of besting the power figures produced by the menacing Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.

Currently, the GT500 is good for 550 horsepower, and some sources have indicated that the 2014 model will come to the table with at least a 20 pony bump in grunt. Even with 570 hp on tap, the vehicle isn't expected to be a complete redesign when it arrives in early 2013.

Instead, a completely fresh Mustang is slated to show its face in 2014 as a 2015 model. Specifics on that particular beast are murky at best, but chances are we'll hear more as the years tick down. Keep your ears to the ground.
News Source: Motor Authority
"

So - can some of us stop worrying, lol? Seeing all these posts and threads about people panicing about not getting the faster car lately is almost funny. While there are still many details to learn of about ZL1, there are even more about a soon-to-come GT500, but it's all rumor until we get information from each company. Of course this article is only another rumor, which is my point. Why get all worked up unless there's reason to? I don't think we're going to see many, if any, significant driveline changes or upgrades to the GT500 until the next generation, and that'll be close to when we see the next generation CAMARO, so I think this rivalry is going to be absolutely GREAT!!!

What He Said !! ^^^ ^^^

May I respectfully nominate your own submission as POTD !

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote