View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #22
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would never buy any type of "sport" car that was a rental, doesn't matter if it's a v8, v6, or 4 banger. This is coming from someone that runs a repair shop that repairs fleet cars exclusively.

I would be worried about how the cars are dogged when rented, but the bigger worry is the repairs that have been done to them. We have cars roll through all the time that were damaged and spray painted to try to pass the drop off inspection, then repaired improperly and they get rejected and sent to our shop. Also all of the repairs aren't always "on the books" so to speak in terms of catching incidents on carfax, so you really have no clue what all has been done to the vehicle. I've sanded down bumpers before that look fine other than whatever damage is being fixed, only to find out the car has been painted 3 times prior to us receiving it...personally that just bothers me when it comes to my own vehicles.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote