View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Which Chevrolet Dealer should I order my Camaro from?

Chevrolet has great respect for every authorized dealer, and does not recommend one dealer over another. To see a list of your closest Chevrolet dealers, please visit the home page of Chevy.com, and enter your Zip code in the dealer locator section.

Am I obligated to take delivery through the Dealer I ordered the vehicle?

As indicated in an earlier answer, Dealers are submitting customer orders against an estimated production guide. Unless extenuating circumstances are present, orders cannot be transferred from one Dealer to another.

How do I know my order was submitted to Chevrolet?

Upon entering the order information into the GM ordering system, each dealer is provided a six-digit alpha numeric order number for customer and Dealer reference.

The Dealer requested my name and address for the order; is this a requirement?

Yes, for a Dealer to submit a bona-fide customer order, the customer’s full name and address is required. You will also want to ensure your correct name and address is on the order in the event GM and/or the Dealer needs to contact you in the future.

How can I track my order?

As mentioned above, your order is assigned a six-digit alpha-numeric order number which is necessary to track an order. The best method to track the order is to stay in touch with your ordering Dealer; however, you can also track the order by contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020.

Why can I not submit an order for my Camaro directly to Chevrolet?

The partnership between Chevrolet and the vast nationwide network of Chevrolet Dealers is very important, and was established to best serve our customers. With this in mind, only Chevrolet dealers are authorized to submit orders to General Motors.

Will I have to put a deposit down to order my Camaro? And how much?

As part of normal business practices, some dealers require customers to put down a monetary amount to submit an order. A deposit requirement, as well as final transaction price, is negotiated between you – the customer – and the dealer.

When can I submit an order for a Camaro convertible?

The Camaro convertible is scheduled to start production in the summer of 2010 as 2011 model. Convertible ordering information will be provided at a later date.

Will I be able to take delivery of my Camaro at the plant?

Camaro will be produced at the award-winning Oshawa assembly plant in Ontario, Canada. U.S. and Canadian customs and legal requirements prevent us from offering delivery of your Camaro at the Oshawa assembly plant.

Where can I find information regarding models, options and packages?

Chevrolet has prepared a downloadable PDF file that provides basic ordering information. Each Chevrolet Dealer has been provided full order guides and workbooks to help you chose the Camaro that is perfect for you.

Is there a full-line Camaro catalog available to review?

Our catalog is under development and will be available early in 2009.

In reviewing the Camaro model lineup, I noticed there is no Z28 model; are there plans for Z28 model?

The “Z28” moniker has an honored place in Camaro’s history; but at this time, Chevrolet will not have a Z28 model available in the first production year. Chevrolet continues to review market opportunities and does not comment on future product plans.
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote