View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
Jeremy@AirLift

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey_2012 View Post
I have been debating about coilovers vs. springs for quite some time. However, I now have air suspension stuck in my head. Especially because I'm concerned about ride quality, not only is it cool, but it allows me to also not be paranoid about curbs, etc. So, as again someone who is not very good with these things -

1. How much am I looking at spending? I noticed on phastekperformance, just for the parts I'm looking at about 2400. I'm not sure if this is the entire kit, or how much it would be to install. Any ideas?

2. I have a 2LT RS. I know, it's a V6. I honestly didn't need the V8, but am I going to look stupid adding something like this. I'd hate to spend money like this then just be a joke to so many. Not that I care at this point so much about the V6 vs. V8 thing, I will never take it to the track etc, I just didn't need it.

3. I have a sound system that takes up my whole trunk. I'm wondering if anyone can advise me of how much space I need for the "tank" so I can check and see if I can accommodate the space. If there is not, can I put it anywhere else ?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for educating me. I wish I knew more
Air is a great way to go if looking for ride quality and a lowered stance without the worry of scraping everything in sight.

1. Pricing on the kit is going to be dependent on which kit you go with, the manual or the digital system.

2. I don't think you would look stupid at all, if anything it shows that you are smart enough to choose a suspension that really can do it all. So many people still think air suspension is for hopping and do not understand the capabilities of a quality air system.

3. The smallest tank I would run on that car would be a 2.5 gallon. It measures 20"L 6"D 7.5"H which is pretty easy to hide most places.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Jeremy@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote