View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't see the point in waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
One of the great attributes of the 1st generation was being limited to 3 production years. If the 2nd generation was only made for 3 years (70,71,72) there would be more love for those models also.
67-69 Camaro's did not exhibit much in body style changes. I agree this short run, with the lack of major body or design change, in addition to it being the first series produced, make those qualities great attributes and the car a true collectble. There are many other reasons I feel that way but that's for another time. From an asthetic point of view, the second generation Camaro changed four times. From the best looking version IMHO '70-'73 <why may I ask you left out '73?>, to a '74 with identical body panels and aluminum bumpers, then '75 through '77, with a new rear quarter and window. These were all identical across the board with the aluminum bumpers and no body changes., Then came '78 though '81 with molded bumper fascia's. The Gen 2 was a drastically changing, morphing car. Many sub-divisions and revisions occured within that generation, which were wider and broader in scope to the Gen 1 Camaro which remained comparatively static in design and did not vary much. Gen 1 is a true classic for sure. However, there's plenty of love for Gen 2...and within that generation are subdivisions of loyal followers, each equally in love with their particular section of production design. Stopping at a certain design year point would have no bearing on how much love was created. For the youth, it's more of the age, or period, versus product availability at that given time that creates fondness, or love. Those who look back are not privy to such knowledge, for they were not there to live it. As far as I am concerned, being an 'ol fossil, Z-28's ended in '74. Just my 02. I sure am looking forward to it's return...., in the current Gen 5 body style. This current model I feel can't be improved upon....just like the Gen 1's design it was inspired from, both are timeless classic's and automotive works of art.