View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:05 AM   #1
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Talking Wait for 2019 model or go 5th gen?

I’ll start off with saying that I’m 18 and staying under parents insurance. I have an older sibling with a ‘15 2LS so my parents have some understanding of the insurance rates on Camaro v6’s. Though mine is still high as I’m under 25, the key apparently is to have the car in a parents name.

I’ve been told that sometime by the end of 2018 I can buy a car in the $15-20k depending on how worth it. I’ve expressed interest in Camaro’s for quite a while and it’s ok on parents side.

Onto the question:

Looking off Craigslist (Clean title, still seeing the flooded cars from Harvey), I’m seeing ‘14-15 LT models going for around that price of 15-20k. I’ve found a ‘15 1LT w/ RS package for ~16k, what I was hoping to get information on when the refreshed 6th gen launch this year do you think I could potentially find a ‘16 LT (v6) in the 15-20k price range?

My options right now would be a ‘14/‘15 LT w/RS or ‘16 LT w/o RS (I’d still try to look for RS for the nicer lights)

Or have I made a long post with useless information? Can’t tell, if so sorry :(

Should add that this car would be my daily driver for 4+ years going downtown (60 miles round trip for just home to uni and back) around 4 days a week every week for university. Yea it’ll stack miles but I kind of want this car not to be a buy and sell after a few years but who knows what happens.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote