View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Not in a L99. 370ish is about all he could hope to make with just those above.
Yup! I laid down 380? On a mustang dyno on my L99 with kooks 1 7/8 headers flowmaster cb and Vararam intake and a tune of course.

If I were him I'd get the heads off replace them with the replacement lifters (all are Ls7's) to get rid of those damn AFM lifters because I just don't trust them that's , especially under boost. Then Get a set of ARP head (bolts) not studs. Get a set of stock length chromoly pushrods. A whipple or a Kenny bell supercharger, a set of kooks (or whatever brand you choose) 1 7/8 headers I don't recommend cats with a blower because they have been known to blow out and cause BS issues. You can keep your stock exhaust and if its not loud enough for you or want a different sound then just getting a catback of your choice.

Lifters = 115
Pushrods = 100
Arp head bolts = 130
Blower = up to you on the brand and your research, I like kenne bell and whipple in that order
Headers = up to you and what your budget allows.
Tune and install is all on a quote from a reputable Lsx installer and dealer.

The cam can wait and see if he still wants MOOOOORE POWA.

Just my .2
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote