View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #57
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenredconvert View Post
Jeff, on a related but different convertable issue, do you know if there are any plans to offer a fiberglaas tonneau cover. Everyone I know who has or paid the extra $400 for the awlful current tonneau cover has had them blow off at least once. i don't want to buy into that. i might as well lite a match to my $400.
Have you heard anything about a fiberglass tonneau? That would be great, especially if it was automatic but I can't imagine how they'd do that. My last 2 cars had automatic covers that opened to let the top in and out. The first was a 370z with a painted cover that followed the lines of the headrests, the other was a BMW 135 that had a cheaper black plastic cover that looked a bit like the Camaro tonneau. Each worked well and beat the hell out of the manual Camaro cover. I haven't put mine on once since I bought the Camaro, so I hope you've heard something encouraging about an improved cover.

If you really want the tonneau and are concerned about it blowing off, you can run the back seat belts over it and into the trunk. A member suggested that a few months ago and it actually does work.