View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 06:44 PM   #1
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
Sold my car.....WOW did these things depreciate

Sold it....Listed for 2k LESS than bluebook across 5 sites including autotrader only caught nibbles over a few weeks. Dropped to 31k caught another few nibbles......Dropped AGAIN and finally got a bite. Ended up selling to the first person to actually NOT stand me up on a showing for 30k. I never expected in a million years to have to essentially give 3k away under LOW KBB to sell this car. I LOVED it, it was PRISTINE, but this will be the last chevy I ever buy. The re-sale is an absolute joke guys, lets be honest with eachother. Im seeing dealers listing ZL1s for less than bluebook. That just sucks. I traded in my Toyota tundra for this car taking a hit of 3k less than I paid 3 years prior....on a trade in.

Was it worth it to lose 31k over 4yr ownership?? ...........Unfortunately for my wallet and married ear....YES! But, I will not not buy another one. Its was a BLAST I will tell you that.

So....in short.....a ZL1 is a boat essentially. It looks cool as hell, Fast, Fun and an adrenaline rush. But pucker up when youre over it because all that fun was NOT free...and I bought mine used I REALLY feel for the guys that paid the initial markup. OUCH!