Thread: new shifter
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
BlakeAlden

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
Sorry its been sometime that i had time to get on here. Blake i ended up making one that has 20-30% reduction in throw. I also made it adjustable in 1\4 in increments. sometimes we want it higher some like it lower. I made mine with a m12x1.75 thread cause i wanted to reuse a shift handle i already had, also its a common thred sie for other handles. i also made it so if i wanted i could reuse the stock handle all i would need to do is swap one little part and it would accept the other handle. It is a direct fit with the stock shifter. i had a buddy that said it really is a great piece. Even got me into really thinking about marketing them. I even got it to use the upper leather and the lower rubber boot. so its really like stock but with an aftermarket feel and throw. its the best of both worlds. on the free topic i wouldn't mind giving one out to a local. ill post some pictures up on monday or tuesday.

I look forward to the photos. In the meantime I was really interested in a setup for the stock shifter for a V6 like in the below link. Please check out this link and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34560

Also, do you know the size of the stock v6 shifter to see if I can get a ball made up to just press on the stock shifter in the meantime, the way the original knob just presses on? Thanks.
BlakeAlden is offline   Reply With Quote