View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKillr View Post
Thanks for all the input. It just doesn't make any sense you know? I mean the Corvette's come in automatic and they don't get a POS L99 thrown at them = /. Maybe I'm just being picky, but I would have really liked to have an auto = (. I could care less about the whole AFM and VVT. It doesn't make a difference to me whether I'm getting 8 MPG or 80 MPG, it's a sports car, what do you expect your average MPG to be? I'll more than likely stick with the 6 speed, just because the fact that I hate to throw away 26 HP, and the LS3, I'm just worried that I'll end up ruining the transmission on it within months of buying it = (.
Woah, POS L99? You do realize that it gives SS camaros the same fuel economy as slower, lighter, less powerful V6 coupes and should be able to take nearly any mod that the LS3 can. All that you sacrifice is a bit in the 1/4 mile, which again has as much to do with the fact that its an auto as the engine itself
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote