View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
rwmiller56

Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Paint Chips on Rear Fascia

Sorry to cross post this, but there no responses on the other subforums.

Well, I've only had the car for 2 months, and already some of the paint has chipped.

Sorry, I don't have a picture to post, because I already did the touch-up paint job.

The chips are on the top of the rear fascia, directly under the trunk lip. There were 2 of them on the fascia, one each directly below each end of the trunk lip. I checked, and the trunk lip is not rubbing the fascia, nor do I remember rubbing against or hitting those areas in any way. I can only surmise that the paint actually chipped on its own, due to poor paint quality.

I'm really disappointed about this. When you spend $30K for a car, you don't expect the paint to start chipping off! The touch-up looks OK, and the chips were not really in a high visibility area, anyway, but I still feel that the car is no longer perfect.

The dealer offered me a paint warranty for $700 when I purchased the car, but I turned it down. Now, I wish that I had bought it. So I assume that the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty won't cover this?

I've seen alot of negative posts about the poor quality of the paint on these cars. Is it that bad that the shock of opening and closing the trunk too often would cause the paint to chip? That's ridiculous!

I sure hope that no more paint chips appear on their own. Otherwise I'll consider getting a whole new paint job from a good shop.

Roger