View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Thanks for the comments, and I had an absolute blast. My thinking was DO NOT red light I live in the middle of no where with closest track 45 minutes away and its an 1/8 mile only track:( It just seemsed odd that everytime it cooled down it slowed down, I'm gonna try it again when we get a nice 70* day and see what happens.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
GREETINGS

Good first time out, great to see more people take interest.

A few comments (agree with Parag also):

1- Since this is your first outing- don't over analyze your slips (yes- I actually said that -for those that know me )

There are several things that can affect the ETs- whole other discussion- or search other's responses to past threads.

You will be all over untill you find a pattern that works for you/the car and stick to it.

Then:

2- The weather (DA factor) was worse on Sat then Friday- enough to affect a large portion of any gains from the wheel change. The wheel change will only do so much for the time slips, depending on pre/post launch rpm and amount of wheel slip prior.

Other factors including car temps (AT the line/going down the track), when your stat opened, when the fans turned on, wind, tire pressure (you probably didn't lower them in between runs back to 'default' for consistency-better ET-unless slipping), stage depth, etc all affect them.

As an example of the most basic - my car was consistent but off by 0.1-2s from normal due to the very poor DA/weather. That didn't matter to me that much, because we were suppose to Bracket race-pick your own time.
Another: the race we race together (311 SIM), was a virtual Hot Lap which most/ my car doesn't like much. I was off an Additional almost full 0.2s, running at 205F at the line- not good at all.
Although you were sleeping a little bit (just kidding) vs my RT, it didn't matter in the Heads up Class, since you had plenty left to take the win (congrats again).

So in short, lot of variables- the more you practice the more you'll learn how each affects your runs. I'm still learning too-that's the fun.

Get out there again on a better DA day- you be in the 11s.

See ya out there,

Tim
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote