View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlow97 View Post
So I have a 2015 camaro 2ss.
My spoiler at the moment is the original one that came with the car.
I was thinking about getting a wicker Bill but should I get or do I have to get a new spoiler or can I Just keep the one that on my car and Just add the wicker bill to it. Thanks for anyone that helps.
New b here lol
The Camaro wickerbill was designed by the Z28 Engineers specifically to meld with the Z28 high profile spoiler, highest of any of the Camaro spoilers (much higher than the SS).
It provides downforce at speeds over 40 mph for a noticeable improvement in planting the back end. Race car driver legend Dan Gurney is original developer.
It is an engineering work of art the way the two parts meld together on the Z28 ;-)
In some cases you can adapt the wickerbill to other spoilers. It will reportedly also safely work on the ZL1 spoiler.
I've switched my SS over to use the official OEM Z28 spoiler (direct bolt on plug and play) which I picked up brand new for $125 - if patient bargains are out there.
Notice how the Z28 spoiler follows exact bodylines of the car all the way out to the spoiler wing tips - amazing work of art.
Here is a link to an article showing what the pros have to say about the official Z28 setup:
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...-track-retest/
WICKERBILL
"We were so right to name this car Best Driver’s Car.”
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 12-15-2017 at 06:10 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote