View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #13
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
The Camaro and Mustang are both great cars in my opinion. We are lucky to live in a time when we have such great cars to choose from that are affordable. I had the opportunity to drive a Mustang GT recently, and I found some things I really liked, which I wish Chevy would apply to the Camaro.

1) Track Apps - It's a dash read-out that gives you maximum acceleration in G's for left, right, acceleration, and braking. It holds the readings until reset. You can also time your 0-60, 0-100, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile times. Finally you can do braking tests 60-0, and 100-0.

2) Great Sounding Exhaust Standard - you don't have to spend $900 to improve the exhaust sound, because it already sounds great. I think the overall tone of the Mustang GT is better at higher RPM than even the Camaro's NPP. I call it the "wake the dead exhaust". It sounds like a race car at anything over 4000 rpm, and screams right up to 6900. Wow!

3) HID Headlights Standard - you don't have to spend $1350 for an RS package to get HID headlamps. They are standard equipment. It also includes fog lamps as standard, which the RS lacks. The headlights work really well, too, both on low beam and high beam.

How about it Chevy?

Michael
1) The track app sucks, it's not accurate at all. My buddy and I go at it alot and that thing is a gimmick. (Owns the '13 gt.)
No it does not count wheel spin in the distance but the results are still way off. Unless we're running side by side doing 12.5 in 90* weather.. Stock.

2) Even though I agree the Mustang sounds better stock, it does not by any means 'scream.'

3) HIDs produce less forward light. Normal driving you probably don't notice, but on dark highways it makes all the difference.

BTW, the voice commands and blutooth on the mustang SUUUUUCCCCCKKKKSS!

F+
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote