View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Bumped at a stop light

On the way home from work yesterday, I was stopped at a red light. Then suddenly - BUMP. Jumped out and looked at the rear of the car and the only thing I saw was a tiny speck of paint knocked off just above the rear diffuser, actually on the bottom of the painted surface just above the diffuser. Didn't see anything else so I headed home (steamed, of course).

After a thorough examination, I find on top of the left rear quarter panel a small crease in the surface. It's just past the bottom of the rear window on top of the quarter panel. From the impact (which was slight, the driver I think had stopped, then started creeping forward), the crease is bowed outward, not like a door ding that goes inward. I can't really feel it much, but you see it in reflections. I checked the other side this morning, and it has one too, though not as noticeable. Could have been a lot worse, but still....

Question is, can Paintless Dent Removal get rid of a crease that goes outward from the surface? Anyone have experience with this type of repair?
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote