View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 06:55 PM   #7
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Well let's see what I can find once I remove the shout. If I see a lot of metal shavings then I'll just put it back on and let the dealer replace the whole SC per the bulletin.

Otherwise I'll just install the new solid isolator and be done with it.

If you are comfortable taking the lid and snout off, I would find a reasonable dealer service manager take the car to him and as long as they agree it should be replaced I would offer to take it off and do a core exchange. They are just gonna write it up and bill the hours to GM. I did this on my front struts.

Also on your next post about removing the lid, if you have access to a lift or ramps you can drop the cradle which is 4 bolts. You loosen the front two about an inch and then then the rears out while the cradle is supported by a mono jack. I removed one of the fronts just so I knew how much travel I had. I did this for changing my clutch/flywheel, but noticed that it lowered the lid by 4 inches where I could easily get access if I needed. The better techs at the dealer also tell me that's how they pull the SC.

Forgot you need to remove the trans cross member and the exhaust support bracket to get the drive line stretch.

Last edited by ZMEnow; 10-18-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Adding
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote