View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
OK, I've looked over the owners manual and for the life of me I can't find this info you guys are reffering to. Is this in the owners manual and if so what page? Or is this in the service manual?
Look at page 8-16 and 8-17 for the break in information. I am not going to be racing my car but with as much power as the LS3 has, it's impossible not to peg out the @$$ dyno every now and again. Beyond that, I was a jet mechanic for 4 years (USAF) and an auto mechanic for 5. Changing out these fluids is a very good practice for someone who demands longivity and sustained tight tolorances out of their vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstockcam View Post
Weird, I have not seen anything like this coming out of my car??? engine was done @ 500 and 1500 non detergent, 3000 standard oil, trans and diff today @ 3500 both clean as a whistle, a little on the magnet but nothing like I see in the pics.

Having these particles is nothing to be afraid of. They should be there on a new car. If you didn't see them then that just means you didn't look closely enough or that yours isn't finished breaking in yet. Remember, I used white T-shirts to intentionally show the particles. A new manufactured transmission and differential will always make these particles. It is a part of the natural break in process where the gears will lap together and remove the machined texture on the contact portions of the gear teeth.