View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #3244
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
nice. just make sure you test the 3" straps first before you get set on them.

I've seen a few guys that go with a bigger strap and don't think about comfort when choosing their straps.

safety is first, but comfort and ability to move your leg without creating a tournequet is a different story.
I hear you, but safety is my primary and almost only concern... it'll be rare if at all that I do any autox or road racing... so, I can handle just about any discomfort long enough to run the mile or the 1/4 mile... I used to bitch about wearing a work vest on the rig... but not any more after my little swimming incident.. I not only wear one, I cinch that baby down to where I can barely breathe... The one I had on during my swim was so loose by the time i was on the surface... up from 30 feet or so deep, it was up around my ears and I had to hold it down to keep my head above water...

Thanks for the advice though... I am going to consider the material and fit... Hopefully with going to Simpson and letting them custom fit the harness, it'll be quite comfortable in addition to keeping me from flopping around like a wet noodle...

I also have a full driving suit, jacket, and pants, so additional padding there as well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote