View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well, I haven't gone for a drive specifically to listen for this, but I know the car well enough anyways. As mine is now, inside the car I start to hear a nice low tone well before 3,500 rpms. If I'm just off idle (pulling away) I can hear a nice tone, then seems to quiet up and then around 2,300 to 2,500 rpm I hear my favorite part of the sound up until around the 3,500 to 4,000 rpm when the sound changes again (getting much more aggressive and higher pitched).

But that is all from inside the car. Ive never had the chance to listen or take a vid from outside, so I may not be too loud lol.

Thats about all I can say for now, but I really need to have my girlfriend do some drive bys for me lol.

Oh, and sorry about sorta highjacking this thread OP!
Same here on the sounds and driveby, just needs a little of what Cajon has at low rpm take off, more burbble if you will and it will be perfect! headers did make it easier to hear the exhaust out back and more defined then before and thats when I noticed the sounds I described.All in all I like it and as you say when you rev it up sounds mean and just right

Lastly thanks to Cajon for the vid and another good combo to get Ideas from and didn't mean to highjack the threadto much. It is neat to see all kinds of ideas people come up with in pursuit of good sounds for our cars!!
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote