Old 03-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
team LS3?
Nope. It's like a butterfly. Yes, technicaly it's a larvea or whatever when it's in a cacoon, then it becomes a butterfly. BUT, it was always a butterfly. I'm still L99 becasue it was that way at birth.

(and we all know it's really about the tranny, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm doing the LS3 converstion. I didn't want to limit my cam options so much and I am happy to put the better lifters in my car. It makes it easier all the way around. I believe the the tune is far more important anyway and I have a great tuner.
If I do the install myself, It'll be easier to not do the conversion. Plus, if I find the right cam in VVT, then the number of cam options won't matter. I can only pick one. Could be I need to find the cam and THEN make the decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
VVT cam from MAST
But.... why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
This will be an interesting thread to watch. About 3 weeks ago I was trying to make this same decision. But I ended up deciding to wait and do a cam at a later date.

At first I was leaning towads a VVT cam setup (Mast Motorsports) or comparable setup.
But then I thought I had a lifter issue and the heads were going to have to come off and the lifters replaced. So at that point I figured I might as well do the LS3 conversion so I would have more options in cams to use and I wouldn't have to worry about the AFM/VVT lifters, etc causing an issue some time in the future.

I know someone just recently had an issue with a VVT Mast Motorsports Cam setup on his supercharged L99.

I see if I can find the thread.
Yes please. Find the thread.

More options in cams is good, but if my choice were found in a VVT cam anyway, then it woldn't matter. But I haven't really looked yet.

It's the specs that I don;t have a clue what means.

I'm basically mailing down the VVT or Conversion decision before going any further. Could be that I need to approach it from the other end.

I just want to get opinions and info first.