View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #2017
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Thanks Don.

I've been googlin' my ass off tonight in an effort to begin to understand all the readings these gauges can display. Mah brain is starting to break. So many interconnected functions the readouts and motor performance depend on. So many readouts where the unit of measure isn't specified. For instance, I think, from my research, the MAF Frequency is displayed in Hz but for all I know it could be ms or KHz or... The writers of the manual take it for granted the unit of measure is known. And the MAF frreq ain't the only parameter their descriptions in the manual take that approach.

If the ignition timing is being advanced for whatever reason does the knock retard reduce the degrees it was being advanced by the displayed number?

Is the BOOST parameter, since, by the manual, measures Intake Vacuum, something I could/should be including in my scans? I could just add it I reckon and see if it appears to be reading anything but, I'm at the point where these readings are way far out of my depth of knowledge and aren't certain adding another parameter wouldn't just send me spiraling into information overload.

Haven't been able to find anything definitive on what the FUEL TRIM CELL is actually reading. I pulled up both STFTs and LTFTs, thinking, from some of the reading I did manage to get through about fuel trims, that it would be the total fuel trims but when displaying STFT and LTFT, 0.0 and 2.3 respectively, readings on one gauge and the FUEL TRIM Cell, reading 14, on the other gauge, that appears to be incorrect thinking. Those readings were with the engine not running so may have been a pointless comparison. I'll leave the normal scan mode displaying those three the next time I go for a drive and see if my thinking is truly incorrect or not.

At any rate, it's late and I think I'll go out and configure both gauges to scan that BOOST parameter, just to see if it will, have a smoke and cogitate on some of this. Probably won't do much cogitatin' though.

Thanks again for your patience and help Don.