View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Skip shift eliminator (had it purchased before the car was delivered). I had the car less than a week and installed it in the hotel parking lot. Backed up the handicap ramp in the afternoon (Houston in June……the car was HOT! Waited until the next morning, I did move the car so as not to block the handicap ramp. Barely enough room to get under the car, had to enter from the rear. Tight squeeze then could not get my arms up to the connector. Lots of squirming, a little bit of grumbling and I got it on. Scooted out from under the back of the car. Read the directions and figured out I had connected it to the backup solenoid, CRAP! Back under the car to remove and reinstall, it was much harder to get my hands and arms positioned so I could disconnect the skip solenoid, quite a bit more grumbling and a heck of a dent in my index finger later, it came off. Went on relatively easily, especially when compared to how the connector came off. Scooted out the back AGAIN, T-shirt rolling up my back. Brought back memories of working on cars when I was a few years younger (good memories), it has been a while since I fiddled with cars.

(Not really something I did, but I will count it): the front splitter did not fit very well, so took it to the dealer and they would remount/adjust it. Said it would take a couple of days. I said “a couple of days?!?!?!?”, he said yeah, he had to pull the front of the car off and lots of adjustments blah, blah, blah (my eyes glazed over). So I said “hey, can you give me a call when you get it off and I’ll come over and remove the front bow tie while you are there?”. He said he would get it done for me. Sweet, mod three done and I did not do anything except “smile and talk sweetly” (Thai saying of how to get things done). The dealer gave me a snazzy Malibu or Cobalt while I waited

Last edited by h018871; 01-30-2014 at 04:53 PM.
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote