View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #33
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
I could write a short novel about the woman and I's car purchases over the years, and have honestly learned a lot through each experience.

I started out with a bad outlook towards all salesmen/women being horrible people, but the more I learned with each experience and how it all goes down, the more I realized that a sales person is merely an advocate, and don't get me wrong, there are some bad apples, but it goes beyond that.

A majority of time the real assholes of the car buying experiences are the used sales managers giving low or unreasonable trade offers, or new sales not wanting to budge on cars they have room to move on but refuse to. I have watched good sales people lose a sale because of poor work on the back end, and a few times of those times involved losing a sale to me.

The only times I have had an issue with a finance guy is when I went to pick up a vehicle out of town and much like the OP I was pre approved and had a letter from our credit union and damn near had to provide a step by step on how the entire process works.

I laugh, because some of the experiences were fantastic, yet another time I was asked to leave the lot when a manager decided to be sassy towards the woman (that was a fun one)
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote