View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #36
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
A car with 12 airbags is one thing, but putting a novice on a sport bike is unconscionable. It’s all about money. We had a new rider show up for one of our group rides on a Hyabusa. It was his first bike. He crashed 20 minutes into the ride and was lucky it was only a broken arm and some lacerations.
I get what you are saying about powerful Bikes (I don't ride motorcycles because I drive too fast), but I know of people being killed behind the wheel of a car - remember Paul Walker of Fast n Furious? The driver was an accomplished racer. The PaceCar driver at the Detroit GP is an accomplished racer. a few weeks ago, 18 year old kids were street racing here in Tampa and killed a Mother and her daughter in a Stroller. One of the kids had a Brand New Mustang GT that he got as a HS Graduation present. The kicker on that one, the kids Mother who bought the car (it was also in her name) is an Insurance Exec who certainly should have known at least the statistics.

The thing is, the World is filled with Darwin candidates with the Money to buy more than they can handle!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote