View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post

Doesn’t matter. Paying with cash nowadays doesn’t get you a better deal. The dealerships have adjusted their tactics and made it so that financing through their company gets you the best deal.
You missed my point completely. It had nothing to do about paying cash. I meant I dont buy a car based on a payment. I buy it based on the price. Many people get sucked into a payment and walk out having no idea what they paid or how good or bad the deal actually was. I rarely fiance through a dealer because they rarely ever beat my credit union's rates. Most of them also use my credit uion for financing too so i have no trouble making good deals and getting good rates at the bank I want to use. It doesnt hurt that I purchase a lot of vehicles for business and personal too.
Oh and the beginning part of my post you quoted was simply explaining how my credit union does with the preapproval process. Some folks ask how that works. I didnt say that process helped or hurt the deal you get. It does make getting money and paying for a car extemely simple.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote