View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #30
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
This is the conversation I have at every Caddy dealer. The ATS Premium loaded is almost 55K, so the ATS-V is going to be like 60/65K That is what the 2014 CTS-Vs are selling for now with discounts.
You can't compare the price of a V2 in its 6th and likely final year to the price of an entirely new generation of cars. Yes, now is a great time to buy a V2 but it's nowhere near the level of quality, refinement and technology offered in the new ATS/CTS.

Quote:
Then there is the CTS V Sport, in premium trim with a couple options 80K
The Vsport starts at $59k. I have added every option available and I am at $72k. How are you arriving at $80k?

Quote:
So that means the CTS V, (if there is one) will be 90 to 100K
Where are you getting this information? The 2014 CTS costs $6k more than the outgoing 2013 (18% increase). If the CTS-V likewise increases (20%) over the outgoing model, the MSRP would be $78k.

Quote:
That puts it right there against the M5, E63, and RS7 and that is some big boy company. Caddy has come a long way, but their service and materials are still not on par with the most upscale (M's AMG's S's)German cars.
I have to disagree with this. Have you felt the new kona brown leather package with natural elm? That is the finest wood I have ever seen in a car under $150k. Service? Think Audi is going to change your fluids before/after track days at NO cost? Think you can get an oil change and tire rotation whenever you feel like it walking into a Mercedes dealership at NO cost? I'm sorry, but Cadillac will bend over backward to make sure you are completely satisfied with the ownership experience. I can't say that about any of the German cars we have owned.

Quote:
I use to love GM because you got soo much bang for the buck(CTS-V, Z06, ZL1 etc. Now only Ford and Mopar still play in that arena. GM thinks they are Mercedes, BMW or Audi.
No, GM makes cars faster than those brands and they cost significantly less. Rest assured the next V will outperform the M5, E63 and RS6 while costing significantly less, just as they did with the V2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Caddys IMO are way overpriced! your paying for the name and nothing else!
Paying for the name? Show me another 4-door sedan (or wagon) that can lap the Nurburgring in under 8min for less than $65k?

Quote:
Even the G8 was a steal compared to the Chevy SS.
The outgoing G8 GXP with all the goodies was $43k in 2009. The 2014 SS is superior in every way and retails for $47k with all the options. When adjusting for inflation I call that a wash.

Quote:
Mainly its Caddy that has moved soooo far up market. There is no longer a value (to me) in Caddy, their now in the overpriced boat with the Germans and Lexus.
If they continue to offer better performance at a lower price, how is this not a value? As King T said, ALL cars are getting more expensive. Did you really expect prices for these performance sedans to stay the same?

So did you get the M5? We cross-shopped it but I walked away deflated from the driving experience. It feels so big compared to the E60, it just didn't do it for me. Curious to see what new M3/4 is like. Still too small for me but hopefully they have figured out how to connect with the driver again.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote