View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
Your not to far from me, maybe we can get together and trade some some seat time once the M5 comes in. I ordered with the competition pkg, and I may have the Mperformance exhaust added at port. Maybe a track day with the German Beast will woo you back to the FatherLand :big grin:
An afternoon at VIR would be a blast! I'm gonna need stickier tires to even make it a race with you though. No launch control allowed lol

There's no denying the new batch of twin-turbo's from BMW, Audi, and MB are sick. The freaking S8 runs 11.8 in the 1/4 mile. Absolute rockets. But such was the pervasive thought in 2008 before the V2 was introduced as well. America can't compete blah, blah. Along comes a $59,000 sedan from Cadillac that kicks the wind, water and sh!t out of the Germans. I can't wait to see what the V3 brings, especially with the tremendous weight savings of the alpha platform.

These cars remind me of the first time I went off-roading in a Land Rover after driving Jeeps for years (CJ7, J10, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee). I couldn't believe I was up to the hubs in mud and rock crawling in absolute quiet comfort. No fuss, just upward and onward. They make it too easy!

Quote:
We are leasing, so if there are any long term problems, the next owner can enjoy them.
Smart. I promised myself I would never own another German car out of warranty. At least BMW provides the 4-year maintenance like Cadillac. Wish the others would follow suit. Heck, even Chevrolet offers two year free maintenance now.

Quote:
The LCI interior in the 2014 M5 is perfect, and I love the seat message for long trips. The B&O sound system is world class, and there is nothing on the market better than Idrive (even Liberman had to agree). Add to that no maintenance (not even brake pads) and it just ran away with the contest.
I'm sure the B&O is nothing short of miraculous. Will help pipe the engine noise in through the speakers nicely

Quote:
Take a look at this video (I know its in German) but the points at the end on reliability make a lot of sense. Then spend some time on the Caddy forum, and very few like the new Caddy products. There are also lots of guys that have major issues with the new turbo engines

The first few minutes are entertaining but it's clear the video is quite anti-American. Still a lot of butt-hurt Euro fanboys crying from the punishment the V2 doled out over the years. That "antique" engine has powered just about everything with wheels, rotors, props, and impellers over the years to the tune of 100 million in various applications. They are extremely durable, lightweight for their displacement, fuel efficient for their power and very cheap to maintain. Show me a German engine that can check all of those boxes? Preaching to the choir, I know.

And I'm not convinced an engineer maintained Nurburgring taxi is in any way reflective of the car you or I would be driving. I'm not saying they're unreliable but decades of data shows the Germans to be among the worst. Like I said, when the F10 M5 was first being delivered, many of them were immediately recalled and parked for weeks waiting on replacement oil pumps (cheap Chinese unit was too blame). The CTS-V is now in its 6th year of production with ZERO recalls.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/05/b...astrophic-eng/

But hey, we also own a Land Rover which ARE the worst in reliability, and we still enjoy the hell out of it!

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote