View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #40
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I agree with everything your saying, don't get me wrong. My biggest issues is the new CTS can't fill the old CTS shoes. I understand, its like trying to follow up a classic movie or album, often its impossible to do. I believe Caddy could have had another hit if they followed the original formula. The formula, build the best sport sedan in the world. The formula they used this time, build the best BMW in the world. You can't out BMW, BMW! In other words break the mold, don't follow the mold. The current CTS-V broke the mold, the new one not so much. I will take pictures as soon as we take delivery! Once the weather warms up, we can set up a track day at VIR!
I think it's a little premature to say it doesn't fill the V2's shoes just yet. We know very little about the V3 including what engine will be under the hood and what transmissions will be available. I've heard rumors of a dual clutch 7-speed being prepared but we'll see.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/09/...-transmission/

The ATS-V will give us some clue as to how serious Cadillac is at besting the Germans. GM already rules in chassis development so in effect they have already out BMW'd, BMW. But will there be enough power to best the new M3/4 both in a straight-line and around the track? Will it continue to provide the most engaging driving experience over the BMW as the regular ATS has over the regular 3-series?

Interesting times for sure.

I'm out in Norfolk/Virginia Beach for work 3-4 times a year. I'll shoot you a PM next time I'm headed up. Maybe we can meet up for a beer and continue our conversation!

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote