Thread: Finally
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #1
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Finally

Finally have had the time to post about my new to me Z/28. I made the purchase in March of this year, right before everything really shut down. I am coming from my 15 1LE that I purchased brand new in 2015. I was always very happy with the 1LE and it still is a fantastic car. I got into road racing more and more over the past 2 years and contemplated selling the 1LE and going to a new ZL1, or just upgrading the 1LE. My dad has always been interested and loved the 1LE, and always told me if I wanted to sell it, he would buy it. This car popped up and I knew I had to have it. So, my dad purchased my car, and I was able to purchase this beautiful Z/28. I purchased this car with one thing in mind, track time. It is not a daily driver and hardly gets driven on the weekends. I have put it in to hibernation already until next year. It will be coming out here and there when the mods start (which I know can be frowned upon lol). I have done a few things to it this year when I bought it, a lot of it just being maintenance. First, I did the clutch reservoir separator with upgraded stainless clutch line. Then I had the brake fluid flushed and added stainless lines to all 4 as well. After that, I removed the front bumper to replace the front crash bar with a lightweight one. I wanted this so I didn’t have to drill into the original for a tow hook provision. The new crash bar has that already. It is supposed to improve cooling as well, as it opens up a little more in there. While I was in there, I had some RS headlights lying around I planned to use on the 1LE, so I used them for the Z/28 instead. I also had the lower half of the sides of the car wrapped in PPF. As much as I want the whole car done, it isn’t in the budget right now. And last year my 1LE took a ton of rubber and it is such a pain to keep clean and clean off. I do not know how these guys keep their race cars so clean. Mine seems to get dirty quick lol. The biggest purchase of the year for this was the 3R tires. I really enjoyed them and will be getting an alignment done before next season. I might end up going slicks next season though. And recently I swapped out the mirrors with some black ones just for cosmetic looks. I like it.
Coming up on the mods list is going to be a HUD. I added one to my 1LE, and really enjoyed it on and off the track. So I decided to add it to this as well. While I am there, I will be switching over to the MGW shifter. And figured while I have the seats out for the big project, I will delete the rear seat and add a roll bar. I plan to add an AimSports data logger as well. I am looking at the MXS I believe because it seems to be able to monitor a lot of different things as well. Like actual oil temp, water, trans, etc....so that is in the works for the winter, then I will dive into the performance mods, such as headers, cam, and suspension!

2015 Z/28 summit white #217
The photos are day 1 of bringing him home, the day I did the crash bar and headlights, and the last is after I put the black mirrors on.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote